Summary of Duties:
The Assistant Teacher at the Early Learning Center is responsible for assisting a Lead Teacher in the general supervision and management of the classroom to which s/he is assigned
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Assisting the Lead Teacher in planning, supervising and implementing the program for the assigned class in accordance with the policies and philosophy of the Early Learning Center.
· Managing the program to the needs of the individual children with concern for each child’s interests.
· Considering each child in relationship with his/her cultural and socioeconomic background.
· Treating all children/families/co-workers with dignity and respect.
· Helping children become aware of their individual roles as integral members of a group.
· Being responsible for the arrangement, appearance, decor, routine housekeeping and overall learning environment of the classroom assigned.
· Assisting the Director with the explanation of the Center’s program to visitors to the Center.
· Assisting the Director with fostering positive parent/center relationships.
· Attending all staff meetings and required annual training.
· Perform other similar duties as assigned.
Experience, Skills & Abilities:
Individual must be at least eighteen (18) years of age with a warm and friendly personality, be sensitive to the feelings and needs of others, be able to relate well to children, and be willing to fulfill responsibilities in accordance with the Early Learning Center philosophy.
Education & Certifications:
Must be in the process of becoming professionally prepared to be a facilitator of young children, meet all requirements of the State of Ohio licensing requirements and have at least a high school degree, with a CDA.
Associate degree is preferred.
To Apply: Visit www.OhioMeansJobs.com and search by reference number OR email resume to [email protected]