Employer: Rhodes State College
OMJ Reference#: 226961370, 226961434
Administrative Assistant, Institutional Advancement – OMJ Reference #: 226961370
POSITION: Administrative Assistant, Institutional Advancement
This position reports to the Vice President for Institutional Advancement.
Annual renewable 12-month appointment.
Reporting to the Vice President for Institutional Advancement (VPIA), and working closely with the Director of Alumni and Development, the Administrative Assistant for Institutional Advancement manages the donor, alumni and constituent database (Raiser’s Edge); possesses familiarity with relational databases and proficiency in software for office operations; assists with College and Foundation events; and provides primary administrative support for the Development office and secondary administrative support for other Institutional Advancement areas.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Oversees the management, maintenance, accuracy, security and integrity of all information in the Raiser’s Edge database.
• Processes and acknowledges all donations in Raiser’s Edge in a timely manner with daily reconciliations, income reports, and Business Office transactions completed by end of day.
• Creates and runs queries, reports, and lists from Raiser’s Edge as requested for Development and College activities and functions. Performs data imports and exports.
• Reviews constituent codes for accuracy and updates records on a continual basis.
• Researches prospective donor information as requested and maintains confidentiality of donor information and all matters within the College.
• Schedules and issues pledge reminders for outstanding commitments.
• Conducts monthly, quarterly, and annual reconciliations of all donor transactions with the Business Office and serves as liaison to the Business Office for all reports and transactions.
• Maintains Raiser’s Edge user’s manual for all Development functions.
• Supports the VPIA with all Foundation functions and activities. Attends all Foundation related meetings. Writes and maintains all official Foundation records including meeting minutes and financial reports.
• Prepares individual and group communications to scholarship recipients, current and potential donors, alumni, employees and other constituents. Annually processes charitable donation letters to donors.
• Creates and maintains reports, spreadsheets, lists, graphs, and presentations. Archives official reports on a regular basis.
• Assists with the preparation and implementation of fundraising and constituent activities, including fundraising, donor, scholarship and College events.
• Maintains the annual Development Office operational calendar and facilitates the timely completion of critical deadlines
• Works closely with colleagues throughout the College to effectively share and maintain data and information related to scholarships, administration, and events.
• Ensures Development and Alumni website content is timely and accurate.
• Provides general office support, including processing purchase requisitions, ordering and maintaining office supplies, scheduling equipment maintenance and other related duties.
• Provides quality customer service and professional representation via multiple platforms to Rhodes State College Foundation and College constituents, meeting needs both specific to Development and the College.
• Other duties as assigned.
MAJOR WORK QUALIFICATIONS:
Associate Degree required with appropriate focus and one to three years of related experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Requires proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (especially Word and Excel), Internet search engines and Adobe Acrobat. Familiarity with relational databases and Content Management Systems. Exceptional interpersonal and written communication skills. Prefer proficiency in Raiser’s Edge and Raiser’s Edge NXT. One to three years of related experience in non-profit, database and development work. Experience working in Development within Higher Education.
Commensurate with education and experience; plus full benefits package.
Apply on line at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/rhodesstate . Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applicants must include a letter of interest outlining background and qualifications, unofficial transcripts, a resume and the names, email addresses and telephone numbers (work and home/cell) of at least three (3) professional references. References are contacted at the point when applicants advance through the interview process. Questions can be directed via email to [email protected].
TO APPLY: Visit www.ohiomeansjobs.com and search by reference number OR submit resume and references to [email protected]