Company Name: Mercy Health
Deadline for Application: June 5, 2021
THANK YOU FOR CONSIDERING A CAREER AT MERCY HEALTH
2nd shift HVAC position
Primarily responsible for performing installations, repairs and maintenance to a variety of equipment including: refrigeration, air conditioning, electric motors, heating units, heat pumps, hermetic compressors, light commercial furnaces, boilers, burners, intake and exhaust fans, economizers, humidifiers, capacity controls, semi-hermetic compressors, split systems, flame safeguard controls, air compressors, air driers and packaged units.
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
• Fully understands the basic refrigeration cycles to include: identifying components in refrigeration circuits, understanding how each component works, diagnosing problems in the refrigeration circuit, using manifold gauges set, pressure/temperature chart and temperature measuring devices for routine maintenance and to troubleshoot. Understands refrigeration recovery, evacuation and charging, understands the installation and sizing of refrigerant piping.
• Fully understands the basic heating cycle to include: identifying components in heating system, understanding how each component works, diagnosing problems in the heating system using a gas pressure test and other devices for routine maintenance and to troubleshoot and repair. Fully understands and has mastered the theory of combustion and how it relates to combustible fuels such as gas and oil. Must be able to perform a combustion analysis on all combustible heating systems and analyze results.
• Fully understands electron theory, how electricity travels, AC and DC currents, signal phase and three phase circuits and series and parallel circuits. Ability to read wiring advanced writing diagrams. Knowledge of Ohms Law. Ability to use multi-meters to read voltage, current and resistance values. Must be able to troubleshoot advanced electrical circuits.
• Fully understands the fundamentals of temperature and humidity measurement and control in air conditioning units. Understands the process of treating air so as to simultaneously control its temperature, humidity, cleanliness and distribution. Ability to use a psychometric chart to determine the results of mixing air having various properties.
• Fully understands the basics of multiple systems and how each component within the system operates in conjunction with the other components and how that impacts the overall operations of the system as a whole. These systems include but are not limited to air cooled, water cooled, hot water systems, chilled water systems, VAV systems, steam heating systems and building air distribution systems.
• Fully understands basic theory building automation control system to include: identifying components used in control system, understand how each component works in relationship to automation control system, diagnosing and fixing problems in automation control system, routine maintenance on automation control system, responds to alarms from the automation control systems.
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
• The HVAC Tech must be able to repair, adjust, maintain, retrofit and troubleshoot all applicable equipment
• The HVAC Tech must be able to proficiently perform the following tasks: Soldering, Brazing, Combustion analysis, Heat load calculations, Heat loss calculations, Cooling load calculations and basic navigation through multiple building automation control systems
DAILY JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Check in with the team leader after completion of each job and at the end of each work day
• During each task complete all company forms needed to complete each task
• Responsible for time management of jobs scheduled each day
• Check in with client at the beginning and end of each task
• Ensure all vendor packing slips or invoices for each job are secured to the related job forms
• Ensure all materials used for each task are listed properly on the company provided forms
• Assist on jobs with other technicians as needed
• Answer all office pages/calls in a timely manner
• Check in as needed to ensure team leader is aware of your status
• Secure parts and tools needed throughout the day for various jobs, as required
• Call in major repairs to the team leaders and provide the necessary info needed to make the repair
• Consult team leader in times of uncertainty
• Must be able to build client confidence in department
• Provide information to team leader on training needs and courses of interest
• Responsible for the daily preparation of the parts, forms and tools for each day’s activities
• Complete work in a professional and timely manner
• Participate in department-wide internal meetings as required
• Maintain and be accountable for company tools in a professional manner
• Performs all duties, with or without accommodations, listed in the Physical Demands section of this job description
Two year degree from college or technical school and work as an HVAC I for 2 to 5 years
Must have Refrigerant usage certification (UNIVERSAL) and must be NATE certified in one service specialty
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and
reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or
hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25
pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color
vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
• Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
• Prescription drug coverage
• Flexible spending accounts
• Life insurance w/AD&D
• An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
• Paid time off
• Educational Assistance
• And much more
SCHEDULED WEEKLY HOURS:
Plant Maintenance – St. Rita’s
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email [email protected]. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected]
Preferred Contact Method: Website