Certifications And Credentials:
Career Exploration is for students who would like more information about career opportunities
This program is designed for students who want to learn more about the career fields offered on our campus. It allows students to explore career areas, earn academic credits, and receive life skills and mentoring.
The program consists of:
- Career Exploration
- Employability/Personal Finance
- Academics: English Science
- Social Studies
Academic classes may be a combination of traditional academic classroom instruction and virtual learning courses.
The Career Exploration program is designed to provide career-based knowledge and foundational skills to meet your needs, interests, and abilities. Students will select no less than four career fields of interest to explore in approximately six to eight-week rotations. The rest of the Career Exploration program is made up of guest speakers, community service projects, field trips, and job shadowing.
Students select four rotations from the following programs:
- Advanced Manufacturing Careers
- Automated Manufacturing Technology
- Automotive Collision Technology
- Automotive Technology
- Building and Renovations Carpentry
- Computer Information Support
- Construction and Equipment Technology
- Culinary Arts
- Early Childhood Education
- Firefighting Technology
- Floral Design/Interiors
- Health Science
- Multimedia Technology
- Print and Graphics
- Sports Fitness and Exercise Science
- Welding and Fabrication
To be eligible to participate in the Career Exploration program, you must have four credits.