Goodyear/ Cooper Tire
701 Lima Ave
Findlay, OH 45840
November 15th, 2023
March 1st, 2024
IMMEDIATELY HIRING!!! – APPLY TODAY!!!
For over a century, Goodyear has been redefining the boundaries of tire technology, producing innovative tires that deliver unparalleled performance for a diverse range of vehicles. Our success, however, is not just due to our cutting-edge products, but also to our outstanding workforce. We offer a unique work experience where no matter your role, you'll contribute to the development, manufacturing, and marketing of some of the world's most innovative tire products. We're looking for motivated individuals who can inspire greatness and understand that job satisfaction and career success start with support and investment. At Goodyear, we invest upwards of 1000 hours into our new hires, ensuring they can make quality products safely.
If you seek a rewarding, challenging career, join us on this exciting journey.
Base Pay: $28.22 an hour. Night crew would get an additional $0.45 cent shift differential.
$1,000 sign on bonus. $250 will be paid to eligible employees after the completion of their first week of employment. The remaining $750 will be paid to eligible employees after the completion of 90 days of employment. Candidate must be a new employee and not a rehire to be eligible.
The Machinist performs work associated with renovation, repair, fitting and assembly of metal parts of machinery or equipment for Maintenance or Plant Production. The scope of the work includes layout, setup, and operation of various machine tools used to fabricate and repair metal parts for company machinery and equipment. The ideal candidate will use a variety of instruments such as Calipers, Micrometers, Gauges, etc. Operate power equipment and uses hand tools. Obtain necessary material required for the job and complete proper job Work Orders or other documentation required within the Maintenance operation. Return unused materials to storage. Assist in maintaining inventory of replacement parts. Maintain good housekeeping in work area. Have knowledge of Rigging and handling heater materials and parts.
- Punctuality and attendance are extremely important to the success of the operations in general as well as contributing to an overall positive team atmosphere. Dependable job attendance is expected.
Shift Information: This position works a 12-hour shift; must be able to work a night crew (6pm-6am) on a 2-2-3 continuous operation work schedule which will include Saturdays and Sundays (2 on, 2 off, 3 on; on a repeating schedule).
Work environment: Findlay, Ohio Plant
- The job is within a fast paced, heavy industrial environment.
- The environmental conditions can be hot, cold, and noisy.
- Safety is our highest priority and safety procedures / guidelines must be always adhered to. This includes safety wear such as hearing and eye protection, protective clothing, and steel-toed shoes.
Job specific details include, but are not limited to:
- Sets up machines and performs Turning, Boring, Grinding, Milling and all types of machining operations required to support Production, Maintenance, Engineering, and miscellaneous equipment
- Reads Blueprints, Sketches, Printed Instructions as well as verbal communication to select Cutting/Finishing Tools and to plan sequence of required operation to complete a wide variety of jobs
- Work close to tolerances using Micrometers, Calipers Scales, Gauges etc. to check work
- Replace belts, chains or other drive mechanisms and maintain and recondition shop equipment
- Should be able to perform a variety of bench operations to include fastening parts with bolts, pin, rivets, and screws. Sub-assembles units to be fitted to machinery
- Knowledge of common metals and the various heat-treating processes and impact
- Must attend training classes provided to enhance the knowledge and services required by classification
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship now or in the future
- Required to lift heavy materials, climb, stand, squat, bend and work at heights with or without reasonable accommodations
- Must complete aptitude test administered by an outside party
- Must be able to read Blueprints