383 N Front St
Columbus, Ohio 43215
383 N Front St
Columbus, Ohio 43215
Date Job is Available:
May 1st, 2023
May 1st, 2023
Deadline for Application:
August 1st, 2023
August 1st, 2023
Job Description:SUMMARY: The Tech II is responsible for ensuring that the installation of all company products conforms to company standards and customer requirements. This position has direct responsibility for field installation of company products, including the supervision of Patterson Pope and temporary staff. This position will be responsible for daily communication with the Project Manager and the Customer, and will also support the installation of other products sold by Patterson Pope. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Installs the complete range of Spacesaver shelving and high density mobile systems products. Includes a broad knowledge of Spacesaver product line.
- Works safely, wears required PPE, and follows OSHA requirements.
- Prepares and maintains the installation job site, including safety compliance, trash removal and work area cleanliness, parking, equipment rental, power, material handling, hiring and direction of temporary workers as required, logging labor hours, etc.
- Inspects materials on site upon arrival for damage, shortages, quality problems, etc. prior to installation start.
- Keeps and tracks required records. Keeps records and logs regarding progress on the job, daily expenses, personal work hours, hired labor work hours, and problems encountered.
- Proper maintenance and care of company vehicle.
- Proper maintenance and tracking of company supplied tools.
- Works on in-house duties including local and in-house installation, maintains cleanliness of warehouse and, most importantly, prepares thoroughly for the next project installation.
- Coordinates project specific responsibilities with the Project manager including labor force, equipment, material handling requirements, deliveries, etc.
- Reviews drawings, man hours, etc. Develops installation plan prior to leaving for installation job site. Alerts Project Manager of any problems.
- Tracks and communicates labor hours to ensure pre-determined targets are met.
- Participates in various training schools, as needed, and meetings in conjunction with the Installation Department.
- Other duties as required
Experience and Skills:Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Share and demonstrate Patterson Pope’s core values. * High School diploma or equivalent combined with 3 years construction experience or an Associate Degree and 2 years work experience. * Valid Spacesaver School 1 certification required. Valid Spacesaver School 2 and ActiveRac Installation certifications within 12 months. * One year as a Tech I (or equivalent experience). * Basic knowledge of building construction, electrical systems, blueprint reading, machine operation, hand tool use, and math skills. * Good organizational and follow through skills, as well as a proven ability to maintain a professional image. * Solid PC familiarity, including Microsoft Office applications. * Must have a valid Driver License and pass a Department of Motor Vehicle record check. * Must pass a Department of Transportation (DOT) Physical. * Ability to work at heights up to, and above 20 feet. * OSHA 10 certification required. * Basic knowledge of building construction, electrical systems, blueprint reading, machine operation, hand tool use, and math skills. * Modular furniture installation experience a plus. * Must be able and available to travel frequently, including overnight and out-of-state as needed. * Ability to work at heights of up to, and greater than, 20 feet. Education/Experience: High School diploma or equivalent combined with 3 years construction experience or an Associate Degree and 2 years work experience. Language Ability: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Math Ability: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Mechanical Aptitude: Must be skilled with hand tools and possess the acumen to solve mechanical issues, to diagnose and fix broken equipment, and in general be adept at problem solving. Training is provided, and phone assistance from manufacturer and Operations Manager is available. Technology Aptitude: Must be familiar with the use of computers and the recent Windows applications such as Microsoft Office, e-mail and Web browsers. Computers are used in the diagnosis and trouble shooting of equipment. Equipment specific training is provided. Certificates and Licenses: Valid Driver License from the United States of America. Travel: 100% travel to client sites. Will require occasional overnight travel and overnight stays. Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; outdoor weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud. Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and climb or balance. Must have ability to work at heights up to 20 feet and higher. Must be able to work at heights of up to, and greater than, 20 feet. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. We are a drug-free workplace. Patterson Pope is a Federal Contractor.
How to Apply
Contact Name: Marc Dines
Contact Email: [email protected]