777 S Copus Rd
Lima, OH 45805
October 11th, 2023
October 22nd, 2023
SMITH-BOUGHAN, INC., the leading mechanical contractor in West Central Ohio, is searching for a BIM Specialist to join our staff.
- Create coordinated BIM models for HVAC piping, plumbing, and sheet metal systems and make changes to models as necessary using Autodesk Revit.
- Collaborate with other project personnel regarding issues and potential solutions related to BIM execution by attending clash detection meetings; effectively communicating with construction managers and field crews regarding projects; ensuring any changes in procedure and standards are effectively communicated to project teams; safely operate vehicle to attend onsite meetings as required.
- Conduct BIM clash detection process when a project requires.
- Review contract drawings/specifications and submittals.
- Produce drawings for fabrication and installation of duct and piping systems; generate spool drawings for piping fabrication; create fabrication drawings for custom sheet metal parts.
- Coordinate models across disciplines using Navisworks software when necessary.
- Utilize and provide support for robotic total station (RTS) on jobsites to place points for hangers, sleeves and openings.
- Medical, dental, vision, life insurance
- Paid holidays and paid time off (PTO)
- 401(k) plan with employer contributions
Job Type: Full-Time.
Minimum Years of Experience Required: 3 years mechanical and plumbing systems experience.
Minimum Years of Education Required: 2 year associates or technical degree. Knowledge of clash detection and Autodesk Revit certification preferred.
Pay Range: Commensurate with education and/or experience.
Must Be Authorized to Work in the U.S.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of building construction, general construction and HVAC and plumbing systems installation.
- Skill in attention to detail; use or operation of Autodesk Revit, Autodesk AutoCAD, Navisworks Manage*, and Microsoft Office; use or operation of Robotic Total Station*.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral, picture, or schedule form; identify existing or potential problem areas and formulate corrective measures; adapt to changes in the work environment, manage competing demands, and deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events; apply concepts of geometry and/or trigonometry; create BIM models; communicate effectively; understand contract drawings/specifications and submittals; organize; cooperate with others on projects; travel to and gain access to work site; safeguard information of a sensitive or confidential nature.