Truck Driving School
The Apollo Truck Driving Academy offers:
- Class A CDL Training. (view schedule - click on link in left column)
- Class B CDL Training. (view schedule - click on link in left column)
- Hazardous material, double/triples, and tanker endorsements.
- Combination Truck Driving and Heavy Equipment classes.
- Co-op program providing credit hours with a pathway to a two-year associate degree.
- Customized truck driver training for the trucking industry.
- CDL training Ohio - now conveniently located at the Apollo Career Center campus in Northwest Ohio. I-75 exit 120 in Lima, Ohio.
- Housing located near campus at competitive rates.
- Small class sizes to help personalize your experience and increase your behind-the-wheel training.
Our courses will help the student pass the Commercial Driver License (CDL) tests and cover the topics they will need to succeed in the trucking industry as a professional truck driver.
The tuition covers the cost of:
- DOT physical and drug screen
- CDL permit
- Hazmat background check (as of August 15, 2012)
- CDL skills test
- Use of the school's vehicle for CDL testing
- CDL license
- Job placement assistance during and after training
- Text books
Students must have valid driver's license, pass a DOT physical examination and school approved drug screen.
- 18 years of age allows students to drive in-state only.
- Minimum age of 21 for interstate driving.
- Students must have no more than four (4) points on his or her current license.
- No DUI / DWI / OMVI motor vehicle substance convictions in the previous five (5) years.
Financial aid is available based on eligibility through WIA, NAFTA, TAA, TRA, BVR, VA, Tuition Assistance, Montgomery GI Bill, employer sponsored, or Workforce Development. Private Student Loans accepted.
The Apollo Truck Driving Academy Program is:
- A licensed CDL driving school by the Department of Public Safety through the State of Ohio Governor's Highway Safety Office.
- An accredited US truck driving school(s) by the Ohio Department of Education through the Apollo Career Center.